I’ll be speaking at Visual Studio Connections (part of DevConnections) in Las Vegas from 5-8 November. This is a great and growing conference that happens twice annually in the US, usually Orlando in the spring and Las Vegas in the fall, that I have been privileged to speak at for the last couple years. If you haven’t been to one yet, you ought to be hammering your boss for permisson/funding to attend for the following reasons:
- It will rapidly and time-effectively expose you to new solution technologies you might not get a chance to explore on your own
- You will get concentrated advanced training in current and future technologies, getting you up to speed on them in far less time than you can achieve on your own
- You will get presentations from the top speakers in the business
- You will get a chance to network with peers in the industry, learn from others experiences employing .NET technologies, which will make you more effective at employing them yourself
- You will have a lot of fun (OK, maybe don’t tell your boss this…)
You can learn a lot peripherally from the conference too by reading the DevConnections blog here. There are posts from other speakers as they develop their talks and their own observations and experiences at the conference.
I’ll be presenting the following sessions:
VSM356:Build Custom Data Bound Business Objects and Collections
VSM351:Secure Smart Client ClickOnce Deployments
VID306:Build Event-Driven Applications with Indigo
VID309:Connect Smart Client Applications with Indigo
If you make it to the show (and you should!!), stop by and say hi!